Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gus Kunkle for President!

When I first heard that Gus Kunkle was coming to our AP Comp classroom, I have to admit that I was a tad bit frightened. (For those of you who didn't read my last blog, I am scared by children and prefer to not be in their presence.) Gus Kunkle is Kunk's awesome little son! By the time he left, I definitely put him on my short list of children I actually enjoy being around.

As Gus came into the classroom, he immediately ran over to T.J. and gave him a high-five! Then came my favorite part.

"Well guys, I'm four years old!" Gus exclaimed as he stuck out his fingers to demonstrate his age.

The class instantly fell in love with this charming young boy. We asked him why he was wearing two different colored socks.

"Because I couldn't find the other one" Gus shyly said.

Man, is this kid ever cute! He actually very closely resembles Mr. Kunkle (almost like a mini-me.)

As Kunk hands Gus his gigantic lunch box, it rapidly falls to the floor. It seemed a little too heavy for this four-year-old to handle. Nonetheless, it was still amusing and precious to watch!

When it was time for Gus to leave, the whole class had a tear in their eyes.

"It was nice meeting all of you" Gus charmingly remarked.

AWW! what a little sweetheart! :)

KUNK---BRING GUS BACK!! WE LOVE HIM!! :)

8 comments:

  1. My favorite part is "my short list of children I actually enjoy being around." hahaha!

    Gus is the MAN! We do a character study on him or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about Gus as well.
    I think I can safely say that Gus is THE CUTEST KID EVER. I agree. BRING GUS BACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um.. DIDO for what those two said. This was a good blog, very story like and i liked it.

    BGB should be on our shirts btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to agree with every one of these comments and with your post. Gus is probably the coolest little kid I've ever met, and I've met a lot of cool little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a crush Chelsea! Haha just kidding but that kid sounds pretty cool; I kind of wish I was in first hour. Anyways, nice description of your class experience I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gus is pretty much the 2nd cutest kid ever!...sorry Mr. Kunkle but Grady Postel beats him for the title of cutest kid ever! It seriously made my whole day when he came in and Mr. Kunkle definitely needs to BRING GUS BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He didn't come to our class, but it sounds like you guys thought he was really funny. Hopefully he can come back again, and also come to third block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment from my daughter after the homecoming parade: "Daddy, Gus is FAMOUS!"

    Thanks for the pro-Gus post, Chelsea, and, for the record, a world where Gus(or any four-year-old, for that matter) is president would be a wacky world indeed. There'd be a lot more Transformers in cabinet positions, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete