Friday, March 19, 2010

Kandinsky and Obama

As I'm writing this post, I'm wishing that I would've gone to the MMOCA to view the Apple Pie art display. Not to go on a tangent, but apple pie sounds delicious right now. Anyways, it's going to be kind of difficult for me to make some kind of legitamite connection, but I think I've got one.

Kandinsky and Obama !!

Although it's been a while since reading our wonderful 44th president's inaugural address, I clearly remember some of the main points that he made. Obama's message was full of hope and promise. He wanted to convey the message that our nation was in a mess and and need of repair. Obama was (and still is, for that matter) trying to get our nation back on top and in pristine shape.

Something about this wonderful work of art reminds me of Obama's address. Looking at it, it kind of seems like a jumbled mess with no chance of being put together again. This kind of seems like the USA. However, if you look beyond the scrambled images, you can see beautiful colors that work harmoniously together to create an aesthetic work of art. I think that people in America dwell too much on the negative and forget to see all of the beauty that surrounds them. Taking a minute or two each day to optimistically reflect on the world could make a huge difference!

1 comment:

  1. A bit of a stretch, yes, but still a cool post! (When an English class teaches you to suppress bizarre metaphors, something is seriously wrong.)

    It's interesting to hear your way of looking at Kandinsky. I myself always see the painting as a sensical whole, as if it were representational, and then find a chaos of new images when I try to look more closely at specific elements.

    ReplyDelete