Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Tenth Circle

For our chosen novels, I decided to read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult. I love her books The Pact and My Sister's Keeper. I've always wanted to read more of her books, but I could never find the time to do it. I'm glad that I finally have the chance to start another one of her books.



The feeble beware: this book is very intense (and I'm only on page 80!). It is about a girl named Trixie who clearly has some kind of hormonal imbalance in her brain that is causing her to think illogically. She is a freshman in high school and her boyfriend of three months just broke up with her. Her bad-influence friend, Zephyr, is very casual about hookups and partying, so she invites Trixie and her ex-boyfriend, Jason, to a party to see if Trixie can make him jealous and he'll want to get back together. I'm not going to give anything else away, sorry. You'll just have to read it for yourself!



I think that it's so weird to analyze these girls and look back on my freshman year. I guess that I was a little more crazy and desperate than I am now, and I'm glad that I've morphed into such a great person! A few years can make such a big difference in someone's life.

Anywhoo, this novel is incredible and I'd recommend it to anyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment